Who says churros can’t fit into your diet plan?
Best enjoyed while they’re still warm, these incredible treats from @healthy_floflo are baked rather deep-fried, making them the ideal healthy alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth. They’re also dusted with zero-calorie stevia rather than classic sugar, which helps them to be a little more macro-friendly.
The best part? They’re a match made in heaven for our chocolate Protein Spread. Get dippin’
For the dough:
For the coating:
- 2 tbsp. stevia sweetener
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Protein Spread (for dipping)
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Add the water and coconut oil to a saucepan and heat gently until the oil melts. Then add the sugar and FlavDrops and mix.
- Add flour — make sure to sieve this first so that you don’t get lumps — and mix with a spatula until it forms a dough.
- Let the dough cool down for around 10 minutes and then carefully transfer into a piping bag with a close star nozzle. Pipe the dough onto a baking tray into long sausages, using a pair of scissors to chop at the length you want.
- Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden and a bit crunchy on the outside.
- In the meantime, mix together the zero-calorie sweetener and cinnamon to make a sweet cinnamon dusting. Once the churros are cooked, take them out and coat them in this dusting.
- Dip into chocolate Protein Spread for the ultimate treat! *chef’s kiss*
Looking for more sweet treats? Try these:
Nutritional info per serving: