Who can resist a warm sausage roll, fresh out the oven?
With this simple recipe, you can tuck into these Christmas classics without a second’s thought, as we’ve replaced buttery pastry with tortilla wraps to put a healthier spin on everyone’s favourite festive snack.
They’re every bit as delicious and full of flavour, just a slightly lighter version — ideal for making sure there’s room for all the other Christmas temptations, right?
- 12 lean sausages
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 plain tortilla wraps
- 40g butter (melted)
- Sesame seeds
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
2) First, in a large bowl, squeeze the all of the meat out of the sausage casings. Add the herbs and seasoning and mix together well with your hands or a spatula.
3) Next, layout the tortilla wraps and divide the sausage meat equally between them, placing it in a log across the middle of each wrap.
4) Starting from the bottom of each wrap, use both hands to roll upwards until you have a tight sausage roll.
5) Cut the roll into four equal pieces — or if you want bite-sized sausage rolls you can always cut smaller — and place them onto a baking tray.
6) Brush each sausage roll with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Then bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the tortillas have turned slightly golden around the edges.
7) Allow to cool for a little while, then enjoy them warm (or cold if you prefer) with a generous serving of Sugar-Free Sauce.