Chocolate orange pancakes make the perfect chocolate lover’s breakfast (and lunch and dinner).
Created by Charlotte Helena
Don’t forget to check out more tasty fitness recipes.
Makes: 4 pancakes
For The Pancakes:
- 1 small banana
- 30g Chocolate Impact Whey Protein
- 1 tbsp. Cacao Powder
- Zest of half an orange
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 60ml almond milk
For The Sauce:
1. Add the banana, chocolate protein, cacao, egg, baking powder and almond milk into your blender and blend until smooth. Stir through the orange zest.
2. Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan and once the pan is nice and hot, pour a little of your mixture into the pan. Repeat this for as many pancakes as you can fit into your pan.
3. Once they start to bubble on top, flip and cook on the other side.
4. To make the sauce, mix together the nut butter, cacao powder, and dash of almond milk. Add more almond milk as needed to create a pourable sauce consistency.
5. Stack the pancakes with banana slices and top with the sauce and protein chocolate.
Enjoy this chocolate protein pancakes recipe? Try these tasty fitness recipes next.