Need a breakfast to help you to power through until lunch? This bowl of oats is bursting with berry goodness and packed with protein for a deliciously healthy start to the day. If you prefer your oats dairy-free, then you can switch it up to your favourite milk and yoghurt for a big bowl of oats, whatever your taste.
The purply porridge from the berries is sure to brighten up the darkest of mornings and get you ready for the day. It’s also incredibly low in fat and contains only natural sugar, making it the perfect health kick start.
Makes: 2 servings
- 60g Joe’s Rolled Oats
- 1 pear, cored and grated
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 20g The Body Coach Bangin’ Whey (Natural Vanilla)
- 65g fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 30g blackberries
- 50g yoghurt, such as Greek, natural, soya
To make this dairy-free, swap the skimmed milk for the same amount of another milk (e.g. almond).
1. Mix together the protein powder, oats, dried cranberries or raisins and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Next, pour in and stir through the apple juice, then cover and chill overnight.
3. Before eating the following morning, stir through the grated apple, ground flaxseed and yoghurt. Scatter over the nuts and serve.
You can make this delicious recipe in bulk, as it’ll last for three days in the fridge.