Crispy chicken burgers with sticky sweet chilli… who could say no to such a classic combo?
Now, thanks to this super-simple recipe from @niallkirkland you can make your own irresistible stack in virtually no time at all. It’s a great go-to for weekday dinners when you need something juicy to bite into at the end of a long day.
Plus, by using our innovative Sugar-Free Sauce, you don’t have to worry about how much sweet chilli goodness you slather over burgers — as well as being sugar-free, it’s low in fat and has just 5 calories per serving. As if you needed telling twice to squeeze generously.
For the crispy chicken burger:
- 3 chicken breast
- 30ml Sugar-Free Sauce (Sweet Chilli)
- 50g plain flour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
For the toppings:
- 2 tbsp. light mayo
- 3 tbsp. Sugar-Free Sauce (Sweet Chilli)
- ½ cucumber (peeled into ribbons)
- ½ carrot (grated)
- 3 sesame seed buns
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- Handful mixed leaf salad
- Firstly, cover your chicken breasts with parchment paper and flatten them with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Then, transfer them to a mixing bowl, add the sweet chilli Sugar-Free Sauce and mix well.
- If you have time, leave the chicken breasts to marinate for an hour, but if not, then go straight to coating them.
- Coat each breast in plain flour, then dip it in the egg wash, and then your breadcrumbs — make sure the whole surface of the chicken breast is covered in breadcrumbs.
- Now, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add your coated chicken.
- Fry each chicken breast for 5-6 mins before flipping, then fry for another 6-10 mins, making sure the chicken is cooked through before removing.
- Prepare your sweet chilli mayo by combining the light mayo and Sugar-Free Sauce and mixing together.
- Prepare your garnishes by peeling your cucumber into ribbons and grating the carrot.
- Build your burger! Start with sweet chilli mayo on the bottom bun, then the carrot and cucumber, chicken burger and a little more Sugar-Free Sauce to top it all off.