In need of a sweet treat that will keep you on track this Christmas? Keep your fingers out of the selection box and all over these Christmassy chocolate protein balls as you settle down for another cold, dark night.
Sweetened with honey and with a creamy all-natural almond butter bite, there’s no need to be teased by calorific truffles this season. These little balls are also packed with protein from Impact Whey Protein as well as Protein Chocolate that’s got 62% less sugar than your average bar. So, you can fill up on their gooey goodness with a fraction of the guilt.
- 160g All-Natural Almond Butter
- 25g Vanilla Impact Whey Protein
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 100g 100% Instant Oats
- 80g Protein Chocolate (Dark)
- Crushed almonds
1. In a large bowl, add the almond butter, protein powder, honey and instant oats, mixing well until completely combined.
2. With your hands, create smooth balls roughly the size of a ping-pong ball of the mixture. Place these on a tray and leave to set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add the dark chocolate to a microwaveable bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take out, stir, and repeat this process until the chocolate has fully melted.
4. Carefully add the protein balls to the melted chocolate one at a time, making sure to roll each one about so that it’s entirely covered.
5. Place the chocolate covered balls onto a tray that’s been lined with greaseproof paper, and then sprinkle with crushed almonds.
6. Put the tray back into the fridge for 20 minutes to chill, then serve.