Peanut butter lovers, listen up.
This incredible recipe from our kitchen favourite, Niall Kirkland, is definitely one to try. Immediately.
Rich and creamy, this chicken curry has a deliciously moreish nutty taste thanks to a generous dollop of our crunchy All-Natural Peanut Butter. Who knew such a simple addition could make such a difference?
Making a curry from scratch might sound daunting at first, but Niall’s here to show it doesn’t have to take a load of obscure ingredients and hours of your time to prepare. Plus, when the end result tastes this good, it’s more than worth your effort.
It’s ideal for a warm and filling dinner, and if you don’t have anyone else in the house to feed, it’ll keep for your lunches that week. Meal prep sorted.
- 1 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 400g chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 5 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 100g All-Natural Peanut Butter (Crunchy)
- Basmati rice (around 75g per person)
- Chopped peanuts
- First, heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add the chicken. Season lightly and fry until cooked through and golden brown on the outside, then set aside.
- Now, add the onion and fry until soft. Add the chopped garlic, ginger, and chilli and fry for another 1-2 minutes before adding the curry powder and a large splash of water. Bring to a simmer, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, add the chopped tomatoes and coriander, give it a good stir and leave to simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir in the light coconut milk to the sauce and then add your crunchy peanut butter. Give it all really good stir, and leave to simmer on a low heat until your curry has reached your desired consistency.
- Serve with basmati rice and a sprinkling of chopped coriander and peanuts, then enjoy!