This delicious oatmeal & berry bake will be something to look forward to on dark winter evenings, trust us.
It’s a simple recipe that we guarantee will satisfy your sweet-tooth every time — it’s just as warming as a bowl of crumble, only it takes a whole lot less time and effort, and has none of the butter or sugar. Win win.
Niall’s gone with a classic combo of blueberries and raspberries for the perfect burst of tangy flavour — but there’s nothing to stop you getting experimental with your toppings and fillings!
- 225g 100% Rolled Oats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 600ml almond milk
- 80g maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste or extract
- 250g blueberries
- 250g raspberries
- First, preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, add the oats, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and mix well before setting aside.
- Next, in another mixing bowl, add the almond milk, maple syrup, half of the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Now, add your oat mixture to the wet mixture and stir thoroughly so all combined.
- Then, lightly grease your baking dish with the rest of the coconut oil (melt it first) and add half of the blueberries and raspberries.
- Mash your berries with a potato masher or fork — don’t worry if they aren’t all completely mashed — and then add your oats mixture on top.
- Flatten your oats out to create an even surface and add the remaining berries to the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes before removing and allowing to cool before serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or a squirt of whipped cream if you’re feeling indulgent.