Fajita chicken in a cheesy pasta bake is the crossover we all needed.
Not sure what to have for dinner? Watch this recipe from Niall Kirkland and you’ll have made your decision, trust us.
It’s a flavour sensation of juicy chicken with softened peppers and onions, all in a creamy yet tangy salsa sauce — topped off with plenty of melted cheese. Just thinking about it makes our mouths water.
What you waiting for?
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 350g chicken thigh (cubed)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 2 bell peppers (finely sliced)
- ½ pack fajita seasoning
- 350g rigatoni
- 100g salsa dip
- 100g light cream cheese
- A small bunch of coriander (stems removed, finely chopped)
- 50g light cheddar
- 30g light mozzarella
- First, preheat the oven to 180°C/ 360°C.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add your chicken thighs. Season well with salt & pepper and fry for 6-7 minutes, flipping once or twice, until they start to brown on the outside. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Get your pasta on so it’s ready to add to the pan in ten minutes.
- Now, add the onion and peppers to the pan and fry until soft, stirring regularly. Add the fajita seasoning and the cooked chicken back in, stir well and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then, add your cooked pasta (make sure to drain it before), the salsa, and the cream cheese and mix thoroughly so everything is evenly combined.
- Finally, add your chopped coriander and stir well before transferring to a large baking dish.
- Top with your cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes until it starts to turn crispy.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander, then dig in!