There’s no day quite like back day — it's my personal favourite anyway. The only issue? Securing access to all the machines. For times when the gym is nice and quiet and you can float about to your heart’s content, this workout from @madsfrederikgottlieb is perfect.
And there’s nothing like a new outfit to give you a new edge during your workout. Mads is wearing the Men's Tempo Ultra Seamless Top and Joggers. You can’t go wrong with wearing a vest on a back day. The completely unrestricted movement is a one-way ticket to gains.
Straight arm pulldowns
- First, put the bar attachment on to the top setting of the cable machine
- Stand with your legs bent slightly at your knees and hinge your hips slightly
- Grab the bar with both hands and pull it towards your hips while keeping your arms straight
- Release the movement until your arms are over your head
- Take a seat on the row machine
- Press your chest against the support and plant your feet firmly into the floor
- Grab the handles with both hands
- Pull the handles towards you and squeeze your back as you pull the handles as far as you can
- Keep your elbows tucked as you complete the movement
- Take a seat on the lat pulldown machine
- Grab the bar with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart
- Make sure your knees are firmly secured under the knee pads and your feet are planted into the floor
- Begin the movement with your arms straight and pull the bar in towards your chest
- Release the movement until your arms are straight above your head
Take home message
Head over to MP to buy yourself a vest and then you’ll be good to go for this workout. It’s liberating to be able to work out in so much freedom. Add these moves to your next pull day and keep an eye on the @myprotein Instagram page for more quality workouts.
Want more workouts?
CHECK OUT THESE NEXT: