It’s our birthday! And everyone knows that on your birthday all rules (macros) go out the window…
This freakshake recipe is completely irresistible and totally over the top — just how all celebrations should be. Get in the spirit and make one for yourself right now as a super-indulgent post-workout treat, or keep this recipe up your sleeve for the next birthday of a loved one.
It’s basically a present in itself.
For the shake:
- 350ml milk
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Birthday Cake) - available in our Limited Edition Birthday Box
For the toppings:
- 100g icing sugar
- 10ml warm water
- 3-4 drops of FlavDrops (Strawberry)
- 100s and 1000s
- 1 x 6 Layer Bar (Birthday Cake)
- Squirty cream
- Slice of birthday cake
1. Firstly, make up some simple icing by sifting the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually adding the warm water until you get a mixture that’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add the FlavDrops for extra flavour and colour.
2. Coat the outside of a mason jar mug by rolling the rim in the icing and then in a bowl of 100s and 1000s. Then stand the mug upright to let the icing drip down the sides.
3. Meanwhile, cut the 6 Layer Bar in half. Leave one of the halves as it is, but slice up the other half into pieces around 1cm thick.
4. Then, in a blender or shaker, mix up your milk and protein powder until you have a smooth and creamy shake.
5. Pour the shake into a mason jar mug and top with squirty cream. Then, use wooden kebab skewers to balance a piece of sponge birthday cake and the half of the 6 Layer Bar that you left unsliced on the top.
6. Place two slices of 6 Layer Bar on top of the squirty cream and finish with a generous sprinkle of 100s and 1000s.