Looking to ramp up your protein intake without clocking up the calories?
These delicious banana pecan protein pancakes make the perfect protein-packed treat for breakfast or just a snack, minus the guilt.
Makes: 8 pancakes
- 4 tbsp. Almond Butter (smooth)
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
- Squeeze Sugar-Free Syrup maple flavour
- Dash (approx. 50ml) milk
- 1 banana (sliced)
- Handful pecans (toasted)
1. Put a little coconut oil into a pan and put on a medium to high heat.
2. Whisk the pancake mix with the milk and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Next, pancake by pancake, pour the batter into the pan, flipping after around 60 seconds.
Tip: For a super-thick pancake, once you’ve poured pancake batter into the pan, wait around 30 seconds and pour a little more batter on top
For the chocolate sauce:
1. To make the gooey chocolate sauce, whisk the almond butter, cocoa powder and sugar-free syrup together and slowly add milk until it becomes pourable (but still thick).
2. Once the pancakes are cooked, stack them up with banana slices and pecans between then pour your heavenly chocolate sauce over the lot.
Enjoy this protein pancakes recipe? Try these tasty fitness recipes next.