We know what you’re thinking… beans don’t belong in brownies, right? Wrong.
You may be slightly hesitant about the ingredient list, but trust us, it’ll only take one bite for you to realise that these brownies are completely delicious.
We have Ellie Hoad (aka. ellena_fit) to thank for this simple recipe, and boy is it a good one.
By swapping bananas for refined sugar, she’s made sure these brownies are naturally sweet and gooey, plus the addition of black beans means that they’re also high in protein. A super-tasty way to top up on your daily intake.
She’s also used ground almonds instead of flour, so they’re great for those who are gluten intolerant.
Give them a go now!
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 1 tin black beans (drained)
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g cocoa powder
- 180g All-Natural Almond Butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4-5 drops Vanilla FlavDrops
- Protein Chocolate
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Add all of the ingredients apart from the Protein Chocolate to a food processor and blend until you get a smooth brownie batter. Depending on how ripe your bananas are, you may need to add a splash of milk to the mix if it’s too thick.
3) Chop the Protein Chocolate up into chunks, add to your brownie batter and stir them through.
4) Spoon the mixture out into a pre-lined baking tin and smooth so that it’s evenly spread throughout the tin.
5) Add some more Protein Chocolate chunks to the top of your mixture to finish it off, then place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6) Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing up into 9 squares. Enjoy!