Ryan Terry, Arnold Classic UK 2021 champion and Mr Olympia competitor, is used to heavy workouts. And this push workout is no exception. In just five moves it targets your chest, triceps and shoulders.
If you’re looking to build your upper body, it’s definitely one to try. Don’t be put off by the title “push workout destroyer” — lower the weight and take it at your own pace.
Incline DB Fly
- Lie back on an incline bench with your feet firmly planted on the floor
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand and begin them above your chest with your arms straight and your palms facing inwards
- With a slight bend in your arms, slowly bring the dumbbells out to your sides until your upper arms are in a straight line with your chest
- Then drive the dumbbells back up to the starting position
Reps: 10-12 Sets: 4
Flat BB Press
- Lie down on a flat bench, with the bar resting above your eyeline
- Grab the bar with both hands, slightly further than shoulder-width apart
- Move the bar forwards with your arms straight until it’s above your chest
- Bring the bar down on to your chest while keeping your elbows out to the side
Clean & Press
- Set up a barbell on the floor and grab it with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart
- In one swift movement, flip the bar so your palms are facing outwards and the bar is now in line with your shoulders
- Then press the bar above your head until your arms are straight, but don’t lock them
- Bring the bar back down to your shoulders
- And finally, while rotating your hands so your palms are facing you again, lower the bar back down to the floor
- Grab a dumbbell with both hands and move it round to the back of your head
- Begin with your elbows bent so the bottom of the dumbbell is in line with your shoulder blades
- Push the dumbbell up until your arms are straight, but don’t lock them
- Then lower the dumbbell back to the starting position
Overhead Cable Extension
- Attach two handles to the same hook on a cable machine, with the hook at the highest setting
- Grab a handle with each hand while facing away from the machine
- Push the handles forwards until your arms are straight, but don’t lock them
- Then release the tension until the handles return to the starting position
Take home message
Five exercises to try out and improve your routine. Tackle them all at once for a comprehensive push day or integrate them individually. Either way, you’re in for a great workout.
Enjoy this article?
READ MORE HERE: